Hiker Hostel at Barefoot Hills
A full semi-private bathroom with a shower is located inside of the Hiker Hostel. The hostel also features a television in the living area, laundry room, and full kitchen equipped with refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker.
The entire 10-bed house can also be rented for groups traveling together. It’s perfect for families, scout troops, retreats, hiking clubs, and winery goers.
- 1 bunk in our shared bunk room
- 1-2 single beds in private room
1 with shower
- Easy access to the covered porch with a firepit
- Full use of communal living area/classroom
- Laundry with washer and dryer
2020 THRU-HIKING EXPERIENCE
AVAILABLE FEBRUARY 9, 2020 – MAY 31, 2020
– One night in a Bunk in the Hiker Hostel accommodation
– Upgraded room of your choice (subject to availability)
– Shuttle to Hiker Hostel and Barefoot Hills from either North Springs MARTA or Gainesville Bus Station (see below for scheduled times)
– Shuttle from Hiker Hostel and Barefoot Hills to Springer Mountain or Amicalola Falls the following morning to begin your Thru-Hike
We have fuel and hiking essentials available for purchase. For our hikers that prefer a private room at our Barefoot Hills property, we also serve beer, wine, and food in our Hills cafe, so you can relax before beginning your Thru-Hike.
For those traveling with pets, Barefoot Hills allows dogs in their private rooms, however, we do not allow dogs at Hiker Hostel due to communal living areas.
NOTE: Please choose multiple shuttles in the quantity tab if you’re bringing multiple people in your party
* North Springs MARTA pickup is every day at 2:30pm
* Gainesville Greyhound Bus Station pickup is on Wednesdays at 3:00pm
* Springer Mountain and Amicalola Falls dropoff leaves Barefoot Hills at 8:00am and Hiker Hostel at
** Please note that all MARTA and Greyhound station shuttles are non-refundable
Please note tax is 13% (5% hotel and 8% sales) and $5 hotel-motel fee applied per night to private rooms