COVID-19 UPDATE: To ensure the health and safety of our guests and staff during this global pandemic, we have decided to temporarily close the Hiker Hostel and discontinue our shuttle service until further notice.
As a small business, we appreciate your support and are working hard to keep our doors open at Barefoot Hills without compromising anyone’s safety. We have made the decision to limit our hours of operation to Thursday-Sunday reservations for the month of April. In line with the Lumpkin County guidelines, we will not be able to serve our usual continental breakfast as all dine-in situations are no longer allowed. We have discontinued ALL foodservice until further notice.
That being said, we hope you will choose to stay with us! During this time of social distancing, there is no better escape than to a cabin in the North Georgia Mountains. Our accommodations are spaced out throughout the property with outdoor entrances to each cabin, room, and suite. We are taking extra precautions to clean all surfaces in the rooms between visits. So, please join us for a change of scenery, some fresh mountain air, and a chance to unplug during this stressful time.
If you can’t make the trip but are interested in helping our business during this time, you can book a mountain weekend for the Fall or purchase a gift card to use at a later date. We appreciate your support! Thank you.
Hiker Hostel at Barefoot Hills
The Hiker Hostel is back! Just about a mile from Barefoot Hills, it is the perfect retreat from the trails. Eight single bunk bed accommodations are available in our communal bedrooms. Our most economical offering, these accommodations are ideal for budget-conscious individual travelers seeking simple respite from their trail journey.
A full semi-private bathroom with a shower is located inside of the Hiker Hostel. The hostel also features a television in the living area, laundry room, and full kitchen equipped with refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker.
The entire 8-bed house can also be rented for groups traveling together. It's perfect for families, scout troops, retreats, hiking clubs, and winery goers.
- 1 bunk in our shared bunk room
1 with shower
- Easy access to the covered porch with a firepit
- Full use of communal living area/classroom
- Laundry with washer and dryer
2020 THRU-HIKER PACKAGE
AVAILABLE FEBRUARY 9, 2020 - MAY 31, 2020
- One night in a Bunk in the Hiker Hostel accommodation
- Upgraded room of your choice (subject to availability)
- Shuttle to Hiker Hostel and Barefoot Hills from either North Springs MARTA or Gainesville Bus Station (see below for scheduled times)
- Shuttle from Hiker Hostel and Barefoot Hills to Springer Mountain or Amicalola Falls the following morning to begin your Thru-Hike
We have fuel and hiking essentials available for purchase. For our hikers that prefer a private room at our Barefoot Hills property, we also serve beer, wine, and food in our Hills cafe, so you can relax before beginning your Thru-Hike.
For those traveling with pets, Barefoot Hills allows dogs in their private rooms, however, we do not allow dogs at Hiker Hostel due to communal living areas.
NOTE: Please choose multiple shuttles in the quantity tab if you're bringing multiple people in your party
* North Springs MARTA pickup is every day at 2:30pm
* Gainesville Greyhound Bus Station pickup is on Wednesdays at 3:00pm
* Springer Mountain and Amicalola Falls dropoff leaves Barefoot Hills at 8:00am and Hiker Hostel at
** Please note that all MARTA and Greyhound station shuttles are non-refundable
Please note tax is 13% (5% hotel and 8% sales) and $5 hotel-motel fee applied per night to private rooms