Hiker Hostel at Barefoot Hills
The Hiker Hostel is back! Just about a mile from Barefoot Hills, it is the perfect retreat from the trails. Eight single bunk bed accommodations are available in our communal bedrooms. Our most economical offering, these accommodations are ideal for budget-conscious individual travelers seeking simple respite from their trail journey.
A full semi-private bathroom with a shower is located inside of the Hiker Hostel. The hostel also features a television in the living area, laundry room, and full kitchen equipped with refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker.
The entire 8-bed house can also be rented for groups traveling together. It's perfect for families, scout troops, retreats, hiking clubs, and winery goers.
- 1 bunk in our shared bunk room
1 with shower
- Easy access to the covered porch with a firepit
- Full use of communal living area/classroom
- Laundry with washer and dryer
2020 THRU-HIKER PACKAGE
AVAILABLE FEBRUARY 9, 2020 - MAY 31, 2020
- One night in a Bunk in the Hiker Hostel accommodation
- Upgraded room of your choice (subject to availability)
- Shuttle to Hiker Hostel and Barefoot Hills from either North Springs MARTA or Gainesville Bus Station (see below for scheduled times)
- Shuttle from Hiker Hostel and Barefoot Hills to Springer Mountain or Amicalola Falls the following morning to begin your Thru-Hike
We have fuel and hiking essentials available for purchase. For our hikers that prefer a private room at our Barefoot Hills property, we also serve beer, wine, and food in our Hills cafe, so you can relax before beginning your Thru-Hike.
For those traveling with pets, Barefoot Hills allows dogs in their private rooms, however, we do not allow dogs at Hiker Hostel due to communal living areas.
NOTE: Please choose multiple shuttles in the quantity tab if you're bringing multiple people in your party
* North Springs MARTA pickup is every day at 2:30pm
* Gainesville Greyhound Bus Station pickup is on Wednesdays at 3:00pm
* Springer Mountain and Amicalola Falls dropoff leaves Barefoot Hills at 8:00am and Hiker Hostel at
** Please note that all MARTA and Greyhound station shuttles are non-refundable
Please note tax is 13% (5% hotel and 8% sales) and $5 hotel-motel fee applied per night to private rooms