so much to do & See
BAREFOOT HILLS HOTEL IS A GREAT LAUNCHING POINT FOR VISITING THE AREA
We host hundreds of cyclists annually and we’re happy to help you plan your routes. The North Georgia mountains offers lots of elevation change without having to adapt to altitude, so it’s the perfect place to train. Dahlonega is home to the Six Gap Century and Three Gap 50. This popular century road ride boasts over 11,000′ of climbing!
We’re available for individual cyclists as well as clubs, organizations and training camps.
The 6 Gap Century
Cyclists come from miles away to ride the 6 Gap Century. And Barefoot Hills is located right on the route of the 6 Gap. If you’re looking to train for the 6 Gap there is no better place to stay then Barefoot Hills.
Shopping in Historic Downtown Dahlonega
Dahlongea is steeped in history. Downtown Dahlonega is picture perfect to be sure.
Small town stores dot Main Street. The Gold Museum sits at the center of the traffic circle through town. Antiques, window shopping, and good dining are all available in Dahlonega!
Experience Gold Fever in Dahlonega! The Gold Fever Package offers discounted tickets to local gold attractions where you can learn about the history of the Dahlonega Gold Rush, explore an underground gold mine, and try your hand at panning for gold yourself!
Purchase a Gold Fever Package and Enjoy One Admission to Each:
- Dahlonega Gold Museum
– Includes 17 minute high-definition film
- Consolidated Gold Mine
– One 45-minute Underground Adventure tour
- Crisson Gold Mine
– One pan of ore for gold panning
– One 2 gallon bucket of ore for gem stone grubbin’
– One glass vial to hold your gold
– One admission to a tour of Georgia’s only working 126-year old stamp mill
Slackpack the Georgia Appalachain Trail
Thru-Hike the Appalachian Trail with Barefoot Hills Hotel
Available February 1, 2018 – April 25, 2018
Full service room & shuttle packages starting at $210 + tax
10% of every sale will be donated back to the Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC) to benefit long term trail preservation.
- One night in one of our accommodations (pricing based on the package purchased)
- Shuttle pickup at North Springs MARTA train station at either 1:30 p.m. or 6:30 p.m. ET, with opportunity to stock up on supplies before arriving at Barefoot Hills
- Complimentary continental breakfast, and 8:30 a.m. ET morning shuttle to either Amicalola Falls or Springer Mountain trail starts
Please note tax is 12% (5% hotel and 7% sales)
Georgia Wine Country’s Vineyard & Winery Tours
WINE TOURS & TASTINGS
Our Sip & Stay package is the ideal wine weekend experience for two in Dahlonega – the heart of Georgia Wine Country.
*Valid for Friday Check-ins
- 2 nights | standard guest room accommodation
- 2 wineries | choose between Wolf Mountain, Montaluce Winery, Kaya Vineyard, and Frogtown Cellars Vineyard