so much to do & See
BAREFOOT HILLS HOTEL IS A GREAT LAUNCHING POINT FOR VISITING THE AREA
Georgia Wine Country’s Vineyard & Winery Tours
We host hundreds of cyclists annually and we’re happy to help you plan your routes. The North Georgia mountains offers lots of elevation change without having to adapt to altitude, so it’s the perfect place to train. Dahlonega is home to the Six Gap Century and Three Gap 50. This popular century road ride boasts over 11,000′ of climbing!
We’re available for individual cyclists as well as clubs, organizations and training camps.
The 6 Gap Century
Cyclists come from miles away to ride the 6 Gap Century. And Barefoot Hills is located right on the route of the 6 Gap. If you’re looking to train for the 6 Gap there is no better place to stay then Barefoot Hills.
Shopping in Historic Downtown Dahlonega
Dahlongea is steeped in history. Downtown Dahlonega is picture perfect to be sure.
Small town stores dot Main Street. The Gold Museum sits at the center of the traffic circle through town. Antiques, window shopping, and good dining are all available in Dahlonega!
Explore Lake Zwerner and Yahoola Creek or paddle down the Chestatee in one of our kayaks. Perfect outing for families and other groups looking for a shared adventure!
Experience Gold Fever in Dahlonega! The Gold Fever Package offers discounted tickets to local gold attractions where you can learn about the history of the Dahlonega Gold Rush, explore an underground gold mine, and try your hand at panning for gold yourself!
Purchase a Gold Fever Package and Enjoy One Admission to Each:
- Dahlonega Gold Museum
– Includes 17-minute high-definition film
- Consolidated Gold Mine
– One 45-minute Underground Adventure tour
- Crisson Gold Mine
– One pan of the ore for gold panning
– One 2 gallon bucket of the ore for gemstone grubbin’
– One glass vial to hold your gold
– One admission to a tour of Georgia’s only working 126-year old stamp mill
Slackpack the Georgia Appalachain Trail
Thru-Hike the Appalachian Trail with Barefoot Hills Hotel
Available February 9, 2020 – May 31, 2020
– One night in one of our accommodations
– To-go Breakfast Pack
ADDITIONAL CHARGES FOR SHUTTLE PICKUP AND DROP OFF
– Please choose multiple shuttles in the quantity tab if you’re bringing multiple people in your party
* North Springs MARTA pickup is every day at 2:30pm
* Gainesville pickup is Wednesday at 3:
**Please note that all MARTA and Greyhound bus station shuttles are non-refundable
Please note tax is 12% (5% hotel and 8% sales)
WINE TOURS & TASTINGS
Our Sip & Stay package is the ideal wine weekend experience for two in Dahlonega – the heart of Georgia Wine Country.
*Valid for Friday Check-ins
- 2 nights | standard guest room accommodation
- 2 wineries | choose between Wolf Mountain, Montaluce Winery, Kaya Vineyard, and Frogtown Cellars Vineyard